A Young Adult’s city initiative
There is a calling on this generation. A separation that is coming. There is no more time to be in the grave. It is black or it is white. It’s Jesus or it’s not. We stand for the gospel and we preach the gospel.
Laying a foundation
On the 27th June 2007, Bob Jones was given a prophetic word by Jesus. ‘He said I am going to bring 1 billion youth to myself in one of the greatest awakenings of all time. I’m going to glorify Myself beyond anything that has ever happened that’s every been done in scripture. I am going to repeat it thousands and thousands of times. And I want you to go back and tell them this is what I am going to do in one great wave. So throughout the years I have stayed alive because I am going to see it. I was told I would see the first of it. I will see it. I was also told that I would see the glory. The glory is here to stay, it will never leave again. And that glory is a preparation for a harvest beyond imagination. One billion youth, over half the population of the world is under 18. One billion at once. I am not saying that will be all because there will be those that are already saved. One great harvest. One great increase of over a billion. I believe that it will probably begin around the year of 2020.’ This Word is a backdrop to the vehicle of ‘Catalyst’.
The birthing of a vision for our city
While many different churches are represented in the gathering of the ‘Catalyst’ worship evenings, the miracle of unity is being realised as the foundation of the gospel remains the same for all involved.
These foundations are:
- That the Word of God and the move of the Holy Ghost are always given pre-emminence.
- That the fire of God, the hunger and thirst for righteousness is continually flamed during these times of meeting.
- That the sense of overwhelming unity seen in a love for the gospel becomes the driving force to reshape every individual’s action and set of behaviour.
- That there is an increased spread of the desire for revival within the walls of the young adult camp in the city of Durban; through salvations being realised, believers being stirred up, restored and equipped to stand strong in these last days.
- That value is placed on the opportunity to gather together as young adults representing different churches in KZN and to worship and bless the heart of God together.
The core values within Catalyst
Within this vehicle of ‘Catalyst’ beats a heart for:
- Unity, but unity without the cost of compromising the pursuit of holiness. Unity is found between everyone that believes the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are born of one faith, one baptism, one God, who is above all and in all. For ‘Catalyst’ we believe that this unity also means no laying down or watering down of the truths found in the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that through unity in the Truth many lives will be saved, changed and set free by the power of Jesus Christ. Jesus is moving in His body to bring us to a place of unity in the Spirit. Where the Holy Spirit begins to move in our lives in signs and wonders as we preach the gospel. Mark 16:14-18 says, ‘14 Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen. 15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”
Unity in the pursuit of holiness means laying down one’s own agendas. It also means laying down individual areas of sin. These may not necessarily be limited to things like pornography or addictions or alcohol but could also be things that break down harmony like strife, discord, and comparison.
- A desire to reach the lost. The Lord wants us to preach the gospel. There is a calling on this generation and a seperation that is coming. There is no more time to be in the grave. It is black or its white. It’s Jesus or it’s not. We stand for the gospel and we preach the gospel. And in that is found life and peace. There is anxiety and suicides in this generation that have never been seen before. And that heart that burns within each young adult for Jesus burns for this generation. Here and now. It is high time!
In the book of Acts, the church was the answer for the state. They laid the sick out in the streets, in the hope as Peter’s shadow passed over them that they would be healed.
That does not mean that we just pursue signs, wonders and miracles. We are here to bless His heart, but a powerless church is not what Christ died for, and as sin leaves the camp it will be replaced with power.
The move that is coming now is a surrender of a breed of those young adults who we thought would never give their hearts to the Lord. Jesus is stirring in His church for each young adult to be a part of His move. And this is the heart of ‘Catalyst’.
And on these foundation Scriptures Catalyst will continue to be built:
‘Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord? Or who may stand in His holy place? 4 He who has clean hands and a pure heart’ .
‘15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.’
‘By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.’